Create your own Conch Baozi
- Leave a Comment
- 5 g of Danbaoli platinum high sugar
- 1000 g Flour
- 20 g Sugar
- 450 ml Water
- 30 g Cocoa powder
- 30 g Lotus paste
- Use some water to dissolve the dry yeast, use some water to dissolve the sugar, then add all these to the flour and mix into a dough，take 3/4 of the dough to continue knead, until the dough becomes soft, elastic and has a smooth surface. Add the cocoa powder to the rest of the dough and mix them until the dough gets an even coffee color. Flatten the two dough separately for 10 times each.
- Put the cocoa dough on the top of the white dough, roll them together and cut into pieces of 35g each. Lay them on the side so the roll is visible on the top; flatten each piece into a round shape and put the filling into the dough.
- Proof for 45mins at 30-35°C.
- Put the baozi in the steaming basket, and steam for 10mins over high heat.